The Law Offices of Soheila Azizi & Associates, P.C.

The Other Parent Kidnapped our Child and left the Country. What Can I Do?

If your child is at risk of being taken out of the country by the other parent, it is very important that Child Custody Agreement be established. Get a Family Law Attorney to help you get a judge to sign off on the terms.

International Parental Kidnapping

Federal law prohibits a parent from removing a child from the United States or retaining a child in another country with intent to obstruct another parent´s custodial rights.” For example if there is a couple in the United States and they have a child together, and after they find they cannot remain a coupe and raise the child together, if there is some dispute and the mother decides to leave the country to just sold keep the child away from the father this is called International Parental Kidnapping.

This is a crime, if one parent is found guilty of Parental Kidnapping they can face up to 3 years in prison.

Child Victims of Parental Kidnapping

During any kind of dispute, whether it be form a divorce or a separation and there are children involved things can get overwhelming. Some children are taken to an unfamiliar place, hidden from friends and family, at times even taken out of school. All of this just to keep the other parent from having any kind of communication or relationship with there child.

Get help locally

If you find yourself with a parent who has treated to take your child to another country, or has done it before get help from a family law attorney. Get a child custody agreement, and visitation schedule. Ensure that your child continues to grow up in a safe environment.

Contact a The Law Offices of Soheila Azizi & Associates, P.C. Her legal team can help you mediate the terms of child custody, child support and visitation. If you need a strong representation in court her legal team can help you get the best outcome for you and your child.

Customer Reviews

The Law Office Of Soheila Azizi & Associates, P.C.

Customer Reviews

Adrianne Fernandez 3/11/2021

Beyond impressed! I had been self represented through years of family law and child support court hearings and was so hesitant to hire an attorney out of fear and trusting that they would appropriately represent myself and child. After tons of research I contacted Ms. Azizi. I immediately was greeted by Lorenzo, the Office Administrator, who made me feel so welcomed and comfortable. He assisted in making communication seamless and effortless and walked me through each step of the process. Ms. Azizi heard my concerns and was extremely sensitive to the matter of FAMILY. The team did an amazing job with discovery and building a strong case that gave me confidence and I was successful in coming to an agreement with the other party, in what has yet to have been the easiest hearing of all, thanks to them. Ms. Azizi settled my case after years of stress and agony. I am grateful for finding the team and Ms. Azizi and definitely recommend them for any of your legal needs!

Linda P 6/19/2020

This law firm is the best! They have helped me so much with my Divorce and Criminal cases and I really wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have them to represent me. Lorenzo and Ro are awesome and are there to help at all times. My attorney was Mr.Edmondson and he has been amazing. This law firm is truly great and I will never go to any other one. Their responses are quick and will answer any questions you might have.

Diana H. 05/01/2021

Seven stars. I had planned to put up my reviews after my final judgment but after the first hearing, couldn't wait, and I would write this whatever the outcome of my difficult case. Soheila was simply amazing in her arguments and strategy before the judge. I felt so taken care of. I chose her for her near-30 years of experience as an attorney, the depth and strength I observed in one who had weathered hardship through her many accomplishments, her compassion, and her smarts. I can't imagine what other attorney would have Zoomed with me even in sickness to help prepare me for a legal session. And I later saw how keen she'd been in her advice. I've been deeply touched watching Soheila and her paralegal Lynda Walker fight for my child as if he were their own. They in particular have treated me with great humanity - day and night from what I experienced at my former attorney's. Lynda is a gem, on her toes, flexible, hard-working, committed to each client, humble, and sweet. She has slaved over my case, doing much of the writing, watchful of me on paper and in person, guiding me gently while encouraging me to use my voice. The staff, including the office administrator Lorenzo and Linda C, is caring, respectful, and conscientious. A band of angels.